Sunday, October 31, 2010

Shalloween

Okay, so it's Halloween.

My favorite holiday.
But not this year.

Remember ET, when they went trick-or-treating? That's what Halloween should be. (Or something out of the Nightmare Before X-mas.) It shouldn't be dress-as-slutty-as-you-can-and-get-as-drunk-as-you-can-without-dying. . .een. No.

However, I must admit that I would be better able to tolerate the nastiness most young adults bring to this holiday if I weren't in such a bad, lonely place (mentally and physically).

I want to "go out" with people (in the sense that my parents seem to use whenever they talk about Friday evenings), but I just. . .well. . .don't have any friends (besides the drugs my psychiatric nurse practitioner gave me, my ear plugs, my eye mask, my computer, and various dining halls). I have a crush (as Daisy knows), but I've never had the courage to tell my crushes how I feel about them in the past, and I don't think I do now either. Anyway, I hardly ever see or speak to them.

Crushes are a SICK, SICK thing.

maybe it's time for some ECT. . .maybe my bell jar will lift.

-Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment