Wednesday, October 27, 2010

New York City and the Five Senses

"Concrete Jungle Where Dreams are Made of" makes no sense. . .just throwing that out there.

1) Smell. As my father put it, "Every five steps, it smells like someone took a shit." Well, Dad, that's because every five steps, someone did take a shit. Welcome to New York Shitty.

2) Sound. You are getting raped in the ear by a jackhammer. Oh wait, no, you're just in New York. My bad.

3) Taste. I really wouldn't open your mouth in New York. Just don't do it.

4) Touch. Well, the greasy, lubed-up, grimy, snotty hand rails in the Subway represent the city pretty well.

5) Sight. I wouldn't know, because not only is one not allowed to make eye contact with anyone else here, but they are also forbidden to visually perceive (or react to) the city in any way whatsoever. This is punishable by death.

I am going to see The Language Archive with one of my classes tonight. Wish me luck

-Violet

P.S. Daisy, try to do something not so hopelessly lonely today. Who am I kidding?

No comments:

Post a Comment